Family Pic

Family Pic

Wednesday, April 27, 2016


Nearing the End

I have completed my second term here in Costa Rica and have a small break before classes start back up. Even with the break there really isn't a break. I have to continue studying and looking over what I have already learned so I don't forget. Language learning for a 42 year old is not as easy as I thought it would be. One of the many questions asked is, will I be fluent? The answer to that would be no 
but as Dr. Sills, the president of Reaching and Teaching says,

 "You are digging a well that you will drink from the rest of your life, so dig deep." 

Language Learning = Digging Deep

With the recent events in Ecuador, if you don't know Ecuador had a 7.8 earthquake on the northern coast, the need for us to get there has become even more real. A couple of weeks after the earthquake, the people of Ecuador are faced with severe flooding on top of the destruction done by the earthquake. 

Here is a short video from the small town of Alluriquín where I just visited a month ago.




Please continue to pray for the people of Ecuador as they are faced with another natural disaster. They need the Gospel and love of Jesus demonstrated and we are looking forward to getting there and doing just that.

If you would like to partner with us so that you and I can fulfill the Great Commission, we would love to share the vision the Lord has laid on our hearts for the people of Ecuador. You can also click the link below which will take you to our giving page. 




Grace & Peace,

David

No comments:

Post a Comment